From:
kristen herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 11:52:34 EST
Hello all!
        Just wanted to announce the arrival of two new baby furries to
our household.  That makes, yes, FOUR, count 'em, FOUR destructive
terrorist furry snakes!  Actually, we're having a blast, and I haven't
been getting an schoolwork done because its much more fun to watch the
ferrets...
        The two new guys are two male sables - one with very dark
black paws and a pinker nose, the other a sable with white socks and a
black spot on his nose.  Too cute!  They're almost 12 weeks, so its
almost time for their first vet visit.  (this should be REALLY
interesting..)
        I'm looking for any name suggestions - they're little terrors,
playful, energetic, bouncy, and very furry and loveable.  (Then again,
aren't all ferrets?  :) )  My boyfriend and I believe they're from the
same litter.  He wants to call one of them Monley because he climbs
everything in site, including bare legs (ouch, sharp baby claws!), but
I'm not too fond of "Monkey" as a name.  Kinda like naming your dog
Kitty.  :)  Anyway, name suggestions are VERY welcome!
        I know this is long, but one more thing I wanted to share.
After getting permission from Pam Greene, I wound up ftp-ing the
ferret faq, tranferring it to windows, and editing it for paper.  I
included info on this mailing list and how to subscribe.  I then
donated the copy - about 52 pages - in a small binder to a pet store
in Albany that carries ferrets.  Some of their litters are from local
breeders, some are from Marshall Farms.  But its a great pet store and
they treat their animals very well.  I asked the manager to share the
binder as a resource for the store's vet and employees that handle and
sell the ferrets.  I will be getting in touch with her in a few more
weeks to see if the FAQ was a big help.  If it was, I hope to get it
distributed to area shelters and breeders as a resource.  (I can run
copies off my cpu for free, and the pack is free of charge....)  What
do y'all think?  Do you think its a good idea or a waste of paper?
I'm waiting for the results...
        Thanks for putting up with a rather long post...
                -Kristen Herzog
                        Nesta - YES!  Two more to chew on!
                        Roo - They are hogging my hammock, Mom!
                        Nameless 1 and 2 - Check it out- free food AND
                                plenty of toes to bite!  Woo Woo!
Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.