From:
Kim Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 11:21:39 -0500
Dear Lisa and Rob, Picabo and Goober:

Our ferrets, Oakey and Mojo, often get puffy tails... usually when we
take them outside for a walk, or if one of the fuzzies sneak past us
and find their way to the basement (new exciting territory).  I think
it's just a way they express themselves, but can mean different
things, in different situations.

I've seen it as excitement (*oh boy*... a messy, cobweby basement to
explore... what can I get into before I get caught!), wariness (I
don't know about this snow thing... sure, it tastes like a slushie...
but this could be a trick... I already had my bath), distress ( YEOW!
Watch your feet, buster... OFF!), or ticked (hey Oakey... that was
my toast... I stole it first).

Usually, their tails resume normal slinkiness when they are more
comfortable with their current situation.  The more we take them on
walks, the less time it takes for their tail to defluff!!

Kim and Scott,
Oakey (I'm too cool for toys.)
              &
Mojo (Master of Off-Couch Bagel Jumping)