From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 02:02:06 -0500
I've been very busy and haven't been at the FML in about a week (we are really
gearing up for this years legal battle) so I am sorry I haven't posted sooner.

For 'alone in CA':
You are not alone....we are here.  I too live in Northern CA and drive only
20 minutes to my vet.....Call 1-800-ferretw, that is the CDFA hot line.  They
will give you the name of a vet near you that will treat your ferrets, both
for routine exams and any health problems you may have in the future.  This is
a secure situation....your name, number, and address will go not further.  Not
even to me....or anyone else in the CDFA...including the director, Bill
Phillips. This information is shared with no one....You might want to
consider joining in the fight to legalize....we need people in your area (if
my guess is right).
Quentin Kopp.....someone posted a short while ago, an internet address to get
on Senator Kopp's e-mail automatic download and specifically on the ferret
bill SB55.....Please re-post.  My computer crashed and I didn't make a hard
copy....I would really like to do that.

Dr. Williams,
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with Dr. Gondolfi.  He now
agrees with you that Tavvi's tumor is not cancer.  I can't tell you how happy
I was to find that out.  She is doing wonderfully, putting on weight
regularly, and the hair is even growing back on her tail a little (kind of a
shame, I'll miss that little flag of hers).  It is so comforting when someone
of your caliber takes the time to talk to the rest of us......
I am truely sorry for your loss of Oscar.  I can only imagine what that must
be like.  God has been kind to me and I have yet to face that....My heartfelt
sympathies to  you and your wife, and as soon as I can get my tape back from
my vet (see note above) I'll take another look for your family.

Warm fuzzies and ferret kisses to all.
Marie and her troups