From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:40:40 CST
Hi. My cat has discovered the ferrets' eats. He will now only eat Totally
Ferret. Is this diet complete for a feline - or should I move it out of his
reach?

Granny, our 11+ yr old rescue is doing well. Her attitude is much happier and
she seems to be more interested in exploring her surroundings. I know she is an
old girl, but is there anything we can do to help her get her energy level up?
She can't stay up for more than fifteen minutes before falling asleep.

We have a new baby "Henry" a very aggressive fellow who bites and claws
ferociously. While I have been bitten and scratched a million times by ferrets
and cats and other beasts I have never had a reaction like I have when Henry
bites and scratches. Around the teeth marks or scratches I get HUGE welts that
take hours or days to go away. Is this an allergic reaction do you think to
Henry's saliva, etc? Or could this be a sign of illness in Henry. I don't think
bites much harder than average...

Alright, this might be too gross to consider, but I was just wondering if
anyone had considered putting pictures on the WWW to illustrate disease in
ferrets. For example, a picture of what a mast cell tumor looks like, a picture
of typical alopecia in adrenal disease, perhaps even pictures of what certain
cells look like under a microscope, etc etc etc. I love to see the cute
pictures of family ferrets now and perhaps that's how the photo album should
remain. It might be useful to see what certain diseases look like as well as
textual descriptions though - I dunno

Charlene