From:
Joe Ronk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 18:28:04 -0500
TO: Melanie Suzanne Pacella

I checked a bag of Friskies Kitten Food and there are some problems with using
 it as ferret food.  The first problem is the fat content, it is only 9%.
 Ferrets need a fat content in their diet between 20 and 30%.  The second
problem that I noticed is that the first ingredient is Ground Yellow Corn,
this means that even though the protein content is 35% a good portion of this
is plant protein.  Ferrets need animal protein.  I recommend you change to
another diet, I use Totally Ferret and the kids love it (call 1-800-843-1738
to locate a store near you or to find out how to order it).

TO:  Dr. Bruce Williams

Condolences to you on your loss of Oscar.