From:
Pereira Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:56:44 -0500
hello everyone. hope you all had a pleasant holiday season and the rug
runners are content. for those of you interested Cal (M silver mitt) is
staying with us here in Windsor now. Mom was sad to see him go from her
place but she knew i wanted to have him with me here at school. Calvin
and Sarah (the cat) are getting along well i brought her home over the
break to meet him and the to hit it off nicely. she sits by his cage
meowing for me to let him out so the two of the can play tag...quite
amusing to watch actually. one will chase the other around then the
chasee stops does a 180 and chases the other. Sarah usually quits after a
few minutes and sits out of Cals reach watching him hop around...anyway
enough of that for now.

i wanted to mention a toy that Calvin seems to like to no end...
cardboard tunnels that are ~8 inches long and 5 inches in diameter. these
tubes come from photofinishers paper cartridges and are fairly thick (Cal
doesn't even bother trying to chew through his. The cardboard is not
coated with anything toxic and as a bonus they can be had for free
(photofinishers generally through them out (personal experience) after
they are through with them). Cal climbs through his and rolls around the
apartment while inside the tube...he also like to roll them around from
above...seems to like em.

BTW James Makowski, you mentioned that your ferret wouldn't quit nipping
regardless of what was tried on your part. well if you wanted to a last
resort is a water gun (99cent LOW power version)
FMLers pleasde don't get too upset the advice was given to me prior to my
knowledge of FML and the great folks here.
but getting back to the water gun bit ... ferrets do not enjoy water near
their faces and when Cal was a kit he constantly nipped me (and others)
after all other (aparent) methods it was recommended that a water gun be
used to LIGHTLY squirt him near the face when he bit me (accompanied by
a 'NO') well it worked. he no longer bites me and i've seen no signs of
him holding it against me (ie he is asleep on the desk right now:))
give it a try if all else fails?
cheers,                         Mike