From:
Pereira Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 12:38:53 -0500
hello all,
        i've been reading the numerous posts recently about our friendly
ferrets and noises they make, figured i'd add my $.02 and get a question
in as well.
before i got Cal a friend of mine had a trio of carpet sharks that were
quite vocal (really loud dooking) and i expected the same from Cal. No
such luck, although Cal does dook when we play it is generally rarther
quiet. He has only 'screamed' once and that was at age 8wks when he fell
off my bed into a pile o'laundry. i think it scared me more than him.
The weirdest noise variety from Cal is when he sleeps, every few nights
Cal will be sleeping and suddenly start wimpering (and occasional
dooking) I figure he's dreaming but i wonder about what. He's never had a
bad experience (except for the bed incident) yet his wimpering sounds
like fear. any thoughts?
cheers,
                Mike and a quietly dooking Calvin