From:
Brian Millham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 12:49:00 PDT
> From: colm tracy ilene <[log in to unmask]>

> Quick question. Has anyone ever had or known of someone who had rodents
> as playmates for a ferret? In particular I'm thinking a rat, or rabbit,

Shame, shame.  Just as we don't like our fuzzies being wrongly referred to
as "rodents", rabbit lovers get just as upset if you refer to their fuzzies
as "rodents".  Like ferrets, rabbits are often called rodents by the
uninitiated, but they aren't.  The quickest way to die a horrible, flaming
death is to call rabbits "rodents" on rec.pets.
As to how a rabbit would get along with a ferret, I've never heard of this
combination.  I have heard of people who keep cats & rabbits together.  I'd
be real cautious.

Brian