From:
Russ Hazzon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 03:04:00 -0500
I seem to be having a real problem with my two new fuzzies.  First let
me say that they are really a bundle of joy.  They are male and female,
both about 11 months old now.  I adopted them from a pet store about one
month ago.  The problem is twofold.  They seem to have reverted back to
pooping on the carpet.  After about two weeks of training they were
doing great.  I have a litterbox in their cage and two others in each
corner of the far wall of the room.  I had one by the bathroom door, but
removed it because it was in a rather inconvenient spot.  Since the
removal problems have been abundant.

I also have a problem with the male.  He is about 2.5 pounds and is a
bit larger than the female.  He tends to push his butt right up agains
the corner of the litter box.  This usually results in his pooping over
the side it.  Any suggestions here???

Outside of that they have been a great joy in my life.  The female,
Zuki, seems to be far more high-strung than the male, Skooter.  She is
always getting into trouble.  She also has a tendency to bite a little
too hard and too often.  I had a heart-to-heart talk with her one
evening and believe it or not her attitude changed dramatically for a
few days, but then returned to normal.  He on the other hand loves to be
pet and gives "kisses" on command.  I am certain that the difference
lies in their upbringing (they came from different homes), but I do love
them equally.  The question is how do I get Zuki to calm down and show a
little more respect?

Last question:  I have watched the two of them together and they really
do seem like best friends.  He'll pounce on her rear and get her going.
She'll often sneak up and nibble at him.  Once they start there is no
stopping them.  But at times it seems like they are playing a little too
rough.  I seen him squeel from some of her 'play' biting.  How can one
tell if they are really fighting or just playing???

Thanks in advance for all upcoming answers.  And a special thanks to
those who make the FML possible.  i have yet to find a better source of
information about my little weasels!

Regards...  [log in to unmask]