From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 1994 14:08:28 -0700
A question for the Totally Ferret people and anybody else who cares to
comment:

I recently completed the switch from Mini-Friends Ferret Diet (made by I
can't remember who) to L'Avian Plus Premium Ferret Food.  I did this
mostly because the Mini-Friends is preserved with ethoxyquin, while the
L'Avian doesn't use chemical preservatives.

Scooter likes the L'Avian a lot more than the old stuff; put them side by
side and he won't eat the Mini-Friends until all the L'Avian is gone.  My
only concern, then, is the protein content.  L'Avian only has min. 32%
protein, while the Mini-Friends had 38%.  Is 32% enough for an
eight-month-old ferret?

Also: We got a sample packet of Totally Ferret a while ago at a ferret
frolic in Kirkland, WA and Scooter gobbled it right up.  I don't know if I
want to switch him, though.  I would greatly appreciate a nutritional
breakdown and ingredient list for Totally Ferret if that could be arranged.

I enjoyed the story about ferrets helping with dishwasher installation; I
have always noticed that whenever I clean the litterbox(es), Scooter sees
Dad playing in the box and wonders why I don't want him to.

Chris and Scooter
Bellingham, WA

        I am Ferret of Borg
                Bitter Apple is Irrelevant