From:
Irene Plitz 21122 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 09:43:04 -0400
Hi all,
I have been reading this list for about a year but this is my first post.
We have two ferrets, male, neutered & descented MF about 1.5 years old,
Monty and Buddy.  Monty is small (~1.5 lbs) but extremely energetic
almost hyper.  Buddy is heavier (~3 lbs) and a lot more layed
back.  He sleeps more and takes longer to wake up when someone wants
to play or let them out of their room.

Anyway, my question.  Last night Buddy used the litterbox and produced
a bright red liquidy "squirt".  We're not sure if it was blood but
we cannot think of anything else red that he could have eaten.  He
is eating and drinking normally and has had a couple of normal
movements since.  This morning he seemed slightly more lethargic
but I could be imagining since I am looking at him more often.
I have a call in to the vet, but I was just wondering if any one
else has had a similar experience.

Thanks
Irene