From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 1994 17:09:32 -0400
Hi to all! I'm new to the list, and have enjoyed reading the
articles other people have sent. I have five ferrets myself.

This is a message to any of you who remember writing to me as
Amy Thewes (my maiden name) two years ago. A long overdue thank
you! to those who responded to my question regarding ferrets
with bladder stone problems. I have a ferret who was quite
young and getting two-four stones made of cystine (most commonly
found in dogs) and neither I nor my vet (Dr K for those of you
that know him) could figure out what to do.

I'm happy to report that although Claudia will be on medication
for the rest of her life, at least her life *looks* to be long.
A combination of two drugs has helped to stop the stones from forming.

A big thank you! also to Dr. Bruce Williams, whose thorough
synopsis on enlarged spleens has helped me decide what to do with
my ferret -- nothing! He had his second surgery for insulinoma
three months ago, and has had an enlarged spleen ever since. But *he*
doesn't know anything's wrong!

A layman's guide for stomach ulcers would be great. I have a seven
year old female who I *think* has them, but I'm not sure. I really
don't want to have to put her through a lot of testing for this --
she's not got much time left anyway.

Any information or previous experiences with ulcers would be much
appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Amy Seyler (Elektra, Ian, Claudia, Sidney and Max send XXX's to
your fuzzies!)