From:
paula ann edgar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 1994 19:08:47 -0600
Hello! My name is Paula and I have been reading the FML for some time and
dreaming of the day my husband Matt and I could become full-time ferret
friends. Today was that day. We have two adorable 3 mo old females,
neutered and descented. We *did* buy them from a pet shop but a very
reputable one. The girls are as frisky and playful as can be, but we have
two questions:  1) How can we stop them from playing in the litter box?
One book mentions that if you mix feces into the litter they will get the
idea, but we've done that and they are still kicking the stuff everywhere
and acting like it's a sandbox.  2) Are collars best used only when
outside or always? I think I would rather use the harnesses mentioned in
previous FML issues, but would leaving harnesses on even when at home and
out of the cage raise any issues?
Thank you fellow ferreters. We greatly appreciate your stories and anecdotes.

Paula & Matt Smith