From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 1994 17:37:07 -0400
Hi to fellow fans of furries!

This is Denise, Rocko's "mom" in Minneapolis.  I just signed a lease for
an apartment in St. Louis Park, a suburb just to the west of here where
they don't have any ferret restrictions.  The new landlord had no qualms
about a ferret tenant.  Also, my current rental company had no problems
with me keeping him here until I move, as long as he's kept in his cage
when someone is being shown the apartment - that's fine, as he stays in
his cage while I'm gone anyway.  I think they either don't know or don't
care about the city prohibition.  Finally, a vet in my hometown (no
ferret restrictions there) in Wisconsin will be giving Rocko a checkup
and distemper booster when I visit my mom over the July 4th weekend.  As
of Aug. 1, I can post from my regular E-mail address!  Good luck to
everyone who is living in a FFZ with their little furries, and thank
you to all of the understanding vets and landlords/ladies out there.

Reading the notes about the Ferret Frolics made me wish I could go to
one; does anyone know of any frolics in the Midwest, especially in
Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Illinois?

My SO, who bought dear little Rocko for me, wants to get one as soon
as he moves to a new apartment in a few months.  (He lives in a suburb
of Chicago, so he doesn't have to worry about FFZs.)  He also has an
E-mail account, so I suppose he'll be showing up here eventually.
Anyway, he had a dream the other night combining all of these elements:
he dreamed that he had a ferret, and the little guy was sitting at the
computer, wearing wire-rimmed glasses and sending E-mail!  I suggested
that his ferret was E-mailing Rocko about how many socks he'd stashed.
I knew that ferrets are bright, and Rocko has walked across my keyboard
while I've been writing E-mail, but that's a scary thought.  :)

Finally, I want to thank our kind "in-house" ("in-list"?) vets for
helping so many worried ferret moms and dads out here.  You're
invaluable contributors to the list.

Denise, Rocko ("Does this mean I can go to parks again?"), and
     Grumpy (teddy bear hamster)