From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 1994 11:44:07 -0400
Re: ferrets in Massachusetts
As far as I know, Friends of Ferrets is still working to legalize ferrets in
Mass. You can reach them at P.O. Box 8613, JFK Station, Boston, MA 02114; 617-
286-3377. Also, the FACT folks in Connecticut seem to have a good knowledge of
what is going on in Mass. Their # is: 203-247-1275. According to FACT, the
Mass. Veterinary Assoc. is backing legalization and has recently told all Mass.
vets that they are allowed to treat ferrets.

However, many vets do not know anything about ferrets (yet). Since ferrets have
specific health needs, I personally like taking mine to someone who knows a lot
about them. I drive about an hour to Assonet Animal Hospital (Dr. Jonas). He is
terrific and very knowledgeable. Their # is 508-644-2744. Assonet is on the RI
border (off Rt. 24) but still in Mass. As far as I know, Dr. Walker at
Rotherwood Animal Clinic in Newton still sees ferrets, and also Dr. Betsy
Johnson who I think is at Concord Animal Hospital (or somewhere else in
Concord). I have not met Dr. Johnson but have heard good things about her. Good
luck.

--Cinderella (aka Princess Ankle Biter) & Norman's mom