From:
Pam Dutcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 09:10:10 -0400
Hi all!

First of all, let me say a long-overdue Thanks to everyone who responded
awhile back with info. about the orange crusties.  Both my girls got
baths (as recommended), and that seems to have taken care of it.  They
are, of course, very upset that more frequent bathing will now take place
(I used to bathe them only every month and a half or so--now bath time
may take place every couple of weeks--my boyfriend's delicate nose will
appreciate this too!)

Next, let me describe how we have ferret-proofed our couch (although this
may not work for everyone).  Our fuzzies were just tearing through the
bottom material (not going in under the cushions and into the couch).  The
solution we had was to remove the original bottom material and replace it
with a tough, thick, piece of vinyl-type material we bought at a fabric
store for about $15.00.  We just folded the extra material under itself
and used upholstery tacks and a hammer to fix it to the wooden frame on
the bottom of the couch.

I wonder if it would be possible to stich tough material
over that space under the cushions where they can get into the couch?

Best wishes to all,

        -Pam                            ...a ferret in the hand is worth two
        [log in to unmask]            in the socks drawer...