From:
Pam Dutcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 1994 19:45:06 -0400
Hi everyone!

Awhile back I remember a couple of folks talking about an orange
(crusty?) substance on their fuzzy's skin.  I brilliantly didn't save the
messages and also don't remember what the problem turned out to be (but
it seems like it was pretty confusing and maybe turned out to go away
pretty much on its own?).  I glanced through the FAQ's and didn't
see any mention of this, but I could have missed it.

I just noticed a similar substance on two of my ferrets (both about 1 yr.
old spayed females), Sonic and Sunny.  Sonic just has a very small spot
of it on the back of her neck.  Sunny has it on her tail, up her back,
and on the back of her neck.  It doesn't seem to be painful or itchy.
It's not visible unless you part the fur and really look (with a
flashlight for best results) closely at the skin.  It does scrape off
with a fingernail.  And both girls are bouncy, full-of-trouble,
healthy-acting fuzzies.

Can anyone who has had a similar problem or who remembers the earlier
thread let me know what it turned out to be or send me the digest numbers
so I get the back issues?

Thanks!

        -Pam, Sonic, Sunny, and Willy  ...a ferret in the hand is worth
        [log in to unmask]            two in the socks drawer...