From:
Mason Weinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 09:58:10 -0400
Good morning everyone!

A random thought from the thought file I have been meaniong to post for
a while -

Many people talk about punishing their ferrets (if they do something
wrong) with cage time.  However, this is the same place that they are
put many times without doing something wrong, except for having owners
who need to go out.  It seems to me that the ferret would have a hard
time separating these two.

While Slinky is a great ferret, he certainly has done things wrong and
has needed to learn.  However, I have never put him in his cage as a
puinshment.  In fact, when I put him back at the end of playtime, he
always gets a little treat (a raisin, bannana piece, drop of linatone,
etc.) and lots of "Good Slinky"s so he knows it is nothing he did
wrong!

Also - found a pet store in NH last night which had "A Practical Guide
to Ferret Care" and picked it up.  Congrats to Deborah for the first
really practical owner manual - lots of stuff that we know about on
FML, but is hard to find for the rest of the world.  One complaint - no
mention of FML as a resource in there (or perhaps I missed it).

Later for now -

Mason, Slinky, and Leila (the cat who wonders why I'm on an FML and not
a CML...)