From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 22:23:25 -0500
Well, I knew it would happen.  We broke down today and added another member
to our fuzzy family.  We found a beautiful 9 month old male.  I'm of sure of
his color.  It's something in between a sable and a Siamese.  He's a
beautiful.  He had been returned to the pet store because the owners said
they were allergic.  (Has anyone heard of such a thing?)  He's HUGE !!!  Next
to our two females, one of whom I had thought was pretty big, he looks like a
monster.  He seems SO happy to be running around the house.  He's been
chuckling nonstop (and very loudly) since we took him out of the box, for no
apparent reason other than all around happiness.  The "let's see who the big,
tough ferret around here" fight seems to have begun in the living room.  I
suspect the yet unnamed big boy will be the victor, although the owner of the
store said he boarded a few ferrets recently, who beat the hell out of him,
despite his greater size, so I guess we'll see.  We thought our little one,
Roo was a klutz, but this guy seems even worse.  I guess it's hard to keep
track of that much weight.  It's really funny to watch.  He doesn't seem to
pay much attention to the back end of his body.  It just kind of flops over
behind him, or on his head, if he's climbing down from something.  Does
anyone have any good names for a huge, klutzy, male ferret?

Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live  a while back, when Patrick Stewart
was on, and they had the store called All Things Scottish, where everything
came in three sizes, "wee", "not so wee", and "friggin' huge!" ?  That's the
three sizes of ferret we have now.  It's wonderful.

Gail & Bob, Tigger, Roo & the  Big Guy (until he gets a real name)