From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 17:16:34 -0500
Hello All

        I have a slight problem, or rather Taz does.  His hair is so
coarse and thin, like he has very little underfur and his guard hairs are
short around his shoulders. He has been on Iams kitten, ferretone and
nutrical since he was nine weeks old.  Also he has quite a bit of an oder
problem.  I have taken him to the vet and he is healthy and active
otherwise.  I thought maybe it was the food, but I hate to change his
diet, because I would also have to change Oshi's and she looks great
except the fur on her tail is very sparse, only guard hairs.  Anyway,
back to Taz.  His fur was chewed on quite a bit by Loki and that could
explain the shoulders, except that was well over three months ago.  Also,
he has had a slight run in with fleas which are not a problem now and I
just treated them by bathing them.  I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo, but
have recently switched to Pantene and use a conditioner as well as Skin
so Soft in the water.  He still smells (he is not descented) and has kind
of an orange/brown dirt stuff on his skin usually.  Anyone have any
suggestions???????  Oh he also scratches a lot, but I can't find any fleas.

        Could it be the food, or an allergy to the food???  Dr. Williams
or Dr. Brown???

Thanks,

Marie, Oshi, TAZ-man, and Fenris the Brave