From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 1994 17:26:48 -0400
I need some advice from anyone out there who cares to offer it . . .

Scooter's bathroom habits are totally out of control.  He goes where and
when he feels like it, including the bathroom, kitchen, living room floor,
you name it.  He pooped on the rug this morning six inches from my foot
and four feet from one of the six litterboxes I've spread around the
apartment in an attempt to make it easy for him.  He peed in the kitchen
three times before I locked him up.

Speaking of being locked up, I even found a corner of the top level of the
cage that was totally soaked with urine.  Needless to say, I am *NOT*
amused.  I've barricaded that level off while I treat the towel he has for
a floor with Nature's Miracle.

I've decided Scooter is going to live in the cage except for carefully
supervised play sessions for the next couple of weeks, until he uses the
box in there reliably, and will then be confined to my room, even while
I'm home.  Other than that,  I really don't know what to do, and I have NO
idea why his habits have degenerated so badly.  Does he have too many
litterboxes?  Is he trying to tell me something?

I don't understand this at all.  He is the sweetest little guy except for
this one problem.  He doesn't bite at all anymore, and is very
affectionate.  Why is he driving me crazy this way?

Chris and Scooter
Bellingham, WA