From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 11:04:49 -0500
> [...] Shadow is already LOSING her
> winter coat... could Fezzik really just be putting one on?
> -rochelle

Rusty is 7 months old, and his winter coat just grew in over the last month,
too.  Pixxel's grew in around November, and it just started coming out.
Pixxel was born in early June and Rusty in early September (pretty late in
the year, isn't it?), so it seems reasonable that their "clocks" be off by
three months or so.  I'd imagine that's what's up with Fezzik, too.  I assume
both our youngsters will get the seasons figured out by next year!

To whoever suggested cats as the cause of Rusty's whisker breakage:

(Sorry I lost your name!)  No, the ferrets don't come into contact with
the cat.  (We just moved into a house with a cat, so we're taking the
introductions very slowly.)  And the first time his whiskers broke, there
wasn't a cat around at all.  Might Pixxel be snapping them off him?  Any
other ideas how Rusty lost all but a half inch or so of whisker all down
one side, twice, anyone?

- Pam
keeper of the pet ferret FAQ -- current version is 1.1.1; email for a copy