From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 16:29:00 -0500
Ferrets are ILLEGAL in California!  No- You Cannot fly back here from anywhere
with one!  The airlines will not let you!  Your best bet is to drive, as you
said.  I got my fuzzy in Arizona, an 10 hour drive for me.  He slept through
 most of it on my lap.   :>  (the car motion makes them sleep, I have found)
 You
just have to keep making sure they have water (and if it is summer, that your
car is cool or that they are infront of the air conditioner so they don't over-
heat.)  I put My fuzzy in a small bag under my car seat while we passed the
border and dismantled the cage so it looked unoccupied in my trunk.  After we
passed the border I brought him back out and set up his cage again.  (He was
in this bag for all of 5 mins and it didn't hurt him, he had air and
 everything)So- that is what I suggest for you if you still want a ferret.  And
 be careful
when selecting a vet- there are many out there who won't report you!  :>
Good luck!