From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 14:26:08 -0500
  > I have an older ferret.  She HATES all other ferrets.

<sigh>  I know the feeling.  I have two male, neutered ferrets that HATE all
other ferrets, including each other.  Both were adopted, one at about 2 years
the other at about 3 years.

We've tried everything to get them together because it's a real juggling
act at play time.  Besides, I think it'd be nice if they had each others
company.   We've tried baths to remove the scent, etc., and nothing seems
to work.

When we put them together I'd swear one is going to kill the other.  I'm not
quite sure which would win but it seems about equal.  So far there have been
no injuries, but we don't allow the fight to last past a few seconds.
I just can't stand it.  Our local ferret "expert" says to let 'em go at it so
one can assert its dominance, but it looks too much like a fight to the death
to me.

So, we have settled into the fact that that they will never get along and
since we love 'em both, we'll just have to juggle their out time for the
rest of their lives.

If anyone has any good suggestions, I'm willing to try anything that is not
harmful.

  mike