From:
KCAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 06:56:15 -0500
Addison,
  My point about having more than one was at first a play on words,
as I was asked if two would make a happier duo!  To have a duo, be it
happy or otherwise one must have TWO! <G>
  As for not getting along, we just took in three ferrets that had a
so-so life from what I can tell.  All female, the smallest having
cataracts.  She (Bianca) is over 3 years old and was found wandering
down a road in town as a little kit.  She doesn't like any of the
other ones save Gnome (who was one of her mates that came with her),
tho she tolerates Possum (the third of the three)!  Bianca just has
a fit when any of the boys, Frito, Bandit, Chip, or Humpy come near
her and when she bumps into them, sleeping or otherwise while she is
on the prowl, 70% of the time she attacks!  So I know what you mean!
Bianca is however, very sweat to people and likes to lay in a lap and
sleep or be rubbed!

ALL,
  I was petting Bianca the other night and she is very skinny and bony,
(at least compared to my boys) and I noticed when rubbing her stomach
that she has a noticeable internal organ.  I believe it is present in
all my ferrets just much easier to feel in her.  It is just below the
rib cage and seems to span almost the entire abdominal cavity from
left to right. It is flat and almost feels as if I can get my finger
tips in behind it! It is somewhat irregular in shape in that it seems
to be wider on the ferrets right and tapers you move towards the
ferrets left and head!
DR WILLIAMS...............
  I know this is pretty weak on the description, is that a normal
organ and if it were noticeable, does that mean a problem?  We just
took her in about 4 days ago and haven't established a baseline for
her as far as diet, behavior, or toilet.  We seperated her from the
gang again so we can monitor food intake! To touch the area seems to
cause no discomfort as she just lays there!
Any help appreciated!

Looks like two more in the door today!  Anyone in the South Eastern NC
need a ferret? <G>

Frito, Bandit, Chip, Humpy, Bianca, Possum, Gnome, Soup & Donna in NC