From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 07:12:41 -0500
to "b. norton"

 > goes out to you all.  Here's my question:  what do you do
 > after he dies?  Like burial, where?  We move around a lot

When our little boy of 7 years passed on, we were grief stricken (like anyone
I suppose) and wanted to have him buried somewhere.  Living in an apartment
ruled out burial in our backyard.

Our vet had the name/number of a local pet cemetary and as it turned
out, it was only 3 or 4 miles from us.

It's not cheap.  Best I can recall,  with the headstone and all, it was around
$500... and that didn't include the $25 yearly maint. fee or a $300 one time
fee for perpetual maintenance.  Cremation was also an option at a much lower
price but we didn't want to go that route.

This was the first ferret death we had to deal with.  We now have two more
ferrets (in good health thank god) but don't know if we could afford another
burial at those prices.  I guess we'll deal with that when the time comes but
I know I would never just leave them with the vet.

     mike