From:
RBOSSART <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 20:18:12 -0500
Victoria,
I know that this is small comfort to you in your loss of Antigone, but I
feel that you did the right thing.  My wife and I run a small shelter.
Funding is by small adoption fees and very few donations.  Mostly our own
money. In a case such as Antigone's, we as a shelter woud have had to
weigh the cost of the operation against the continued operation of our
shelter and done the same thing you had to do.  You made her as
comfortable as possible and were with her during her last moments. We
could have not done more. It is hard to tell when a ferret is in pain.
They are very stoic in that regard.
Dick B.