From:
Norris Harber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 20:11:23 -0500
Just in case anyone is curious I figured I'd send this in.

After reading all the stuff in the FML we started worrying that we were
giving our little ones too much Ferretone.  We were going by the
Ferretone label, which I guess we should have expected to be
misleading, and that says 2 pumps per day.  So anyway, my Betty Crocker
Cookbook told me that 1/3 teaspoon is 20 drops.  So we got a dropper
bottle from the drug store travel stuff section.  Its just a squeeze
bottle with a top that is very much like the Elmer's glue bottle (you
know, twist open, twist close).  We filled it with the Linatone, and
measured out 20 drops, and sure enough, it was 1/3 teaspoon.

Now we just try to limit each dose to about 4 or 5 drops.  We use
linatone to reward proper litter box behavior and, lately, as a post
stomach medicine treat.  Gunther, who has learned to ration-out his
bodily functions in order to get as much Linatone as possible, gets
more like 3 drops a shot. (He tried just pretending, but we caught on
to that.)

Now that I've seen how much 1/3 teaspoon Linatone is I would guess that
one Ferretone pump is about that much.  But I haven't measured.

And since we're on the subject, does anyone have any good ways to get
linatone stains out of clothes, wood floors, and upholstry?  :)

Norris, Mark, Nico, Gunther, and Oswalt.