From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 20:30:31 -0500
   Thank you to everyone who responded to my letter about Ellie's
prolapse.  It was good to hear that other ferrets have made it through
this.  I don't want to jinx things, but it seems like just today Ellie
might have started to get better.  At least, it looks *different*,
hopefully for the better.  She's still as energetic and playful as ever,
so I'm happy for her.

   I hope I didn't get anybody's hopes up with my question about ferrets
being legalized in Michigan.  It seems that my veterinarian was
misinformed.  I spoke with Micki Wingate yesterday, and she explained the
situation to me.  In April, the ferret bill will go before the Department
of Natural Resources.  If it is approved by them, then it will go before
the senate, and so on and so forth.  So this is just one more step in the
process.  Apparently this is the third time through the process.  Micki
strongly emphasized the need for people to write to the governor of
Michigan to show their support for the bill.  The address is:

The Honorable John Engler
Governor - State of Michigan
State Capital
P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, Michigan  48909

So please write!  According to Micki, "One letter is worth 100 votes."

Thanks,
 Julie :)
  and
   Ellie  )    <--- The magical Cheshire Ferret