From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 19:03:50 -0500
Charlie Cook--
         You were talking about installing magnets on your cabinets
in hopes of keeping your ferret out but weren't convinced that they
would do the trick.  Let me suggest a product I saw in the chain of
Home Depot home improvement/hardware stores here in Dallas/Ft.Worth.
It is called Tot-Lok and is made by Rev-a-Shelf, Inc.  These are
cabinet and drawer child safety locks that work on a magnetic priciple.
The mechanism installs completely to the inside of the cabinet, and
so is more aesthetically pleasing.  It is released by a "key" being
placed on the outside of the cabinet at the spot the lock is mounted
inside.  Without the key, _I_ am unable to open a protected cabinet!
I guarantee you no child or ferret could!  Put the key in place, and
the cabinet opens as if nothing had been changed.  There is a disable
switch should you not wish the cabinet to lock, so they don't have to
be inconvenient.  The only catch I see with these is that they're not
cheap.  Here they go for $28 for a set of 5 locks and 2 keys.  Extra
keys and locks are available outside of the set.  If you want more
info, contact:
                 Rev-a-Shelf, Inc.
                 2409 Plantside Drive              (This info from a
                 Jeffersontown, KY  40299           product flyer I
                 800-762-9030                       picked up)
                 Fax: 502-491-2215

Hope this will be useful to someone!

Debra