From:
Eric A Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 17:54:18 -0500
Hershey and Nestle' stay in their cage when I'm not around to watch them.
I have forced air heating, with the registers in the floor, and while
I keep a piece of furniture on the corner of each grating to make sure
they can't get into the ducts, I don't take chances.  Since someone
posted on the kickboards under the cabinets, Hershey has found them
irresistable.  She never paid them any attention before...  I swear, she
knows how to use computers.  She actually taught me how to use the
emacs editor, but that's another story.  So they stay in when I'm not
around.  There's too much trouble they could get into no matter how
I try to ferret-proof the place.  Like last night when Hershey found
the one tiny area of the kitchen cabinets where I missed covering the
kickboard holes.  I started unscrewing the dishwasher from the wall to
be able to get her out before I realized the reason she couldn't
get out on her own was that she wasn't getting enough traction on
the linoleum to pull herself through the space.  I gave her my hand
to grab on and she pulled herself out.  Then I put the bolts back, and
put her back in the bedroom.  Usually they aren't allowed in the kitchen,
but she managed to open the door.  Hershey is too smart for her own good
sometimes.  Nestle' gets into her own sorts of trouble, though.

E.S., Hershey and Nestle'