From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1993 07:08:00 -0500
Anon in North Texas:
        There are pet shops, breeders, shelters, and relatively frequently
there are ads in various papers where individuals are selling their ferret
for whatever reason.  There is a ferret club in Dallas/Fort Worth that you
can contact at:
                  Ferret Lovers Club
                  P.O. Box 286
                  Bedford, TX  76095

Or call the "Ferret Hotline":
                  Karen and Larry Grant (Karen is the club president)
                  (817)-577-3949

The shelters are both located in FFZs too, so you don't have to be concerned
for your anonimity.  I live just outside of Ft. Worth but will be moving to
a supposedly FFZ in March.  However, there are pet stores in malls within
that city's boundaries that sell ferrets, so go figure!  If you wish to send
me E-mail, I'll send you my phone number too and point you toward ferret
sources closer to you.  You can write me at:
 or:               [log in to unmask]

There aren't that many cities in D/FW that are SPECIFICALLY FFZs, but the
club is working on getting everyone converted to being specifically ferret
friendly in their laws.  Some cities that have changed their regs for the
better in the past 18 months are:  Irving, Haltom City, and Bedford.  There
was an unsuccessful attempt in Mesquite (we'll try again), and there is
currently work underway on Coppell and Plano.  Hope we can help you meet the
right fuzzy!

                        Debra

Oh, by the way, our club will be sponsoring a ferret show in Arlington in
February.  Arlington is also specifically Ferret Friendly.