From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1993 19:15:06 -0400
     Thought I'd respond to a few posts. Sorry for taking so long with some
of them, but between being busy at work and at home, and working through a
nasty cold, I haven't had a lot of time.

From issue 581:
>From:   Ophelia <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hi, it's Jodi..."Murphy" decided his name was Leopold, so I have to go along
>"home exam" time: he is missing 3 toes on one of his hind feet.  Doesn't seem
>to bother him; I figure either he was born that way or his mum chewed them off.

My girl Cassidy is missing 1 toe on her left hind foot (thus her name, 'Hop-
along' Cassidy :). The vet figured she was born that way; maybe blood flow to
that area was restricted during her development because of cramped conditions
in the mother's womb (she's from a litter of 12!). You're right, it doesn't
slow them down one bit :).

From issue 584:
>From:   <[log in to unmask]>
>
>My ferrets have such distinct personalities.  My male, Tavi Bear,
>is just the biggest ham.  He always acts like he is sooo deprived.
>He lays infront of his plexiglas barrier and pouts.  He'll lay on
>his back with his feet up in the air and he just knows he looks
>totally adorable!

Cassie does this too. I'll be making lunch or something and look down
to see this little bundle of love lying between my feet, paws in the air,
dark little eyes staring up at me as if to say 'Forget about that! Let's
Play!'. It's *so* adorable, I just have to drop whatever I'm doing and
tickle that inviting little belly :).

From issue 576:
>From:   Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I'm looking for scanned-in ferret pictures to use as screensavers &
>desktops on my Mac at work.  Does anybody out there have any?  Please post
>on the FML, as I'm anonymous.

I have a couple of scanned in 'ferret collages' of 4 or 5 pictures each.
They show my kids in various attitudes of action/repose. Email me if you're
interested.

John, Buddy, and Cassidy