From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1993 09:55:17 -0400
        A shelter ferret Crystal had an adrenal tumor removed around
a mounth and a half ago.  She started to grow back her hair but all of
a sudden all the symtoms of another adrenal tumor appear. Any suggestions
on what I should do?  Vet realy wants to do the lets wait and see thing.

        Any one out there have a paralyzed ferret?  We just got a
ferret that has no control of his back legs.  He jumped off his cage
and broke his back.  I have a hard time believing that.  Mine jumps off
the third floor of my sisters condo and does not even get a scratch.  Do
ferrets with broken backs have any special health needs?  He seems
to be okay besides that.

        More bad news and a warning.  We got a ferret in tuesday, the
people washed him with a dog flea shampo. He is ALIVE, BUT BARELY.
He has been in intensive care since tuesday evening but should be out
today or tomorrow.  This is a very expensive vet bill that never should
have happend to begin with.  So please remember only use kitten safe
flea shampo or spray.  I hate to see things like this happen to any
animal.

        I hope you all have a safe and ferret filled weekend.  My guys
and I will be moving.  I've had my ferrets for around two years and my
land lord finaly saw one and gave me a whole ten days to move out.  They
are exotic animals that bite and kill any thing that moves.  I guess the
pit bull that lives in the appartment next to mine is in danger of being
eaten by a carpet shark.

        Sorry if I seem a little bitter but it took two days and around
thirty interviews to find a place that would even think about letting
me in with these exotic four legged balls of fun. I wonder, can a ferret
carry a triple dresser or will he just eat it. :0 :)

        Does any one out there have any fun stories. I could use a laugh
or two about now.

        Brad Laraway, Brevard Ferret Lovers Club and Rescue.