From:
"Bryce..." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1993 11:07:55 -0500
Hi...

Well great things have happened with our ferret. We have discovered the corner
she has decided will be her outhouse. We have a 2 bedroom duplex, so it does
not have upstairs or down. If we keep all the doors closed the only place
"Kitee" can play is the front room and kitchen. I am worried about her getting
wrapped up with playing behind the furniture and just "Forgetting" to go to the
box though. I hate the thought of company coming to stay the night and opening
the hide-a-bed and finding out it is now a hide-a-litterbox! How embarrassing!

We have not come up with a solution for the cupboards yet. I am thinking of
maybe pounding finishing nails in the wood then bending them over to create a
sort of latch. Or maybe using cup hooks and re-shaping them so that just  a
twist allows us to open and close the door but still keep the snoop out of
the garbage bin. She just barely learned that we keep stuff in the cupboards,
and now that she knows that we don't want her in there, that's where she wants
to be, ALL THE TIME! <g>

We finally moved her out of the aquarium and into a big wire cage. She has lots
more room to play when "Locked Up." She learned how to get out of the aquarium
in about a week, and putting the lid on was ruled out because I did not like
the stench of her box being locked up with her.

 -::Bryce, Pam & Kitee::-
 Stormed past on 26-Nov-93 @ 09:05:55 MST