From:
Daisy Lyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 23:08:00 -0500
Christian Miller...Neat!
 ->  * Scribe 4.0 * Lord's Gym - His pain, your gain.

                And to.......

 Bruce Williams, DVM

Thanks for the article! That helps...I recently made a visit to my vet, (my
dog is epileptic) and saw that a ferret was just in who was losing weight
etc. My vet admits he doesn't know much about ferrets...so I'll get this
article to him if it's okay. :)

                And to.......

->      So, I put my fingers under his front paws         (he already had
 -> them on the basket, stretched from the window sill) and lifted him
 -> up and away from the basket... he turned, looked at me and
 -> SCREECHED!  Just a short, loud burst... almost like a cough or a
 -> sneeze, but not quite.
        I was so shocked I couldn't think of anything to say...  :)  So I
        said "time out!" and put him back in his cage...

        Well... my question (thank god you are all saying) is this:  Did I
        handle that the right way?  How do you handle a little temper
        venting?  He's only about 4 months old.

        Mike

Ack!!!!! That hasn't happened to me yet...Yikes!! I think you did the right
thing by putting him back in his cage. Especially quickly like that, so he
=knew= he was in trouble!

BTW, this will be late, because I didn't get this til the 15th...not sure
why. :(

                And .......

Pogo, the new guy...my first male...at um...10 wks I think...is now heavier
than my females, two of whom are full grown. He just exploded. <G> His head
is wider too...but I guess all males are like that, big headed I mean.
Hehehe!! I'm kidding...

He was the sweetest tiniest thing...and now...he's still sweet, not tiny,
and very VERY Rambunctious!! He just spilled a 7-up on my desk...and I had
to turn off the computer immediately...and I thought I'd lost this reply,
but thank Goddness, didn't! Whew!!!

Anyway...they are all dong very well. I need to bathe them and do nails
tomorrow. I'm going to try the nutri-cal/linatone idea. Otherwise my
daughter will have to help me. Pogo does not go still when lifted by the
nape of the neck. He goes NUTS!! I have not yet tried holding him longer. I
prefer to keep the skin on my hands. <G>

                        Daisy.Lin..
 ..Foxy, Nonni, Coco, and Pogo..
        "We're Four Wiiild and Crazy Ferrets!!