From:
Daveola Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1992 03:44:01 -0400
| Nikki will wake up every night around 4 or 5 am and jump up on my
| bed or my roommate's bed and just be a pest. She seems to just want to
| lick our faces, hands, backs, feet.. etc.  Nikki is persistent and
| will not leave you alone until you a) hiss at her or b) hide in your
| blankets until she gives up.

| My question is this, has anyone seen similar behavior?

Heh, I probably wouldn't make it to my morning classes if
my ferrets didn't start licking my face around six.

| This has been going on since I have been diligently giving her
| little bits of linatone on my finger for her coat.
|
| Could this have something to do with it?

Bingo!  I'll bet that's it.  Both of my ferrets started doing it
right after I started giving them linatone -- I didn't even make
the connection.  I'll bet skin starts to taste a lot better after
a few times, and maybe they start getting the "linatone urge"
around morning.

| Could it be some thing about salt ?

I've wondered about this, too..  My ferrets also like to pester
my feet alot, and I am fully aware that my feet are saltier
than the rest of me (not that I've tasted :).  Do ferrets have
a need for salt, and is there anything like a salt lick that
would be good for them?

Thanks, and happy ferreting,
        Maxmillion Fantastic, Sagittarius Excalibur and Dave

David Ljung                   314 N. Broom St. #3A                  oo )
Spawning Cow! Productions     Madison, WI. 53703               moo. |_/\
                              (608) 257-COWS                [log in to unmask]
 -------= I wish this were a .sig so I wouldn't have to type it ;-) =--------