Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:36:47 -0400
*So Miss Peach we understand that you are a shelter friend. Where do
you live? *

I live in Tonawanda, N.Y. it's just a little over 100 miles from
LFFR/S.

*Why is your name Miss Peach?*

The story goes that when I was born I had blonde fuzz all over my body
and my Grandma said "We should call her Peachie because she looks like
a peach." I even have a sister named Cookie and no, she doesn't* look*
like a cookie

*How did you happen to find our shelter? *

About 2 1/2 yrs. ago I came across a little ferret whose farents had to
give her up. They loved her very much but their situation had changed &
they could no longer keep her. So I found LFFR/S on the A.F.A. list and
contacted Ms. Brenda & she was willing to take this little ferret into
her loving care & today, that little ferret is our very own Senior
Reporter, you Sarah

* What made you decide to help our Mum take care of us?*

I met Mum on the day I delivered Sarah into her care and I saw how
dedicated she is to saving & caring for as many fuzz butts a possible,
even turning her own home into a shelter; I was very impressed. When I
got back home, I looked up the shelter's website & saw that there were
somethings Mum could use help with. So, out of my love for ferrets &
admiration for Ms. Brenda, I help in my small way.

*What specifically do you do to help Mum take care of us to support our
shelter?*

Well, you see all that coroplast all over the shelter that Mum uses for
all kinds of things to keep you kids safe? Well, some of it I send to
her each month. She has all kinds of ideas for the stuff. I think
someday Mum should write a book entitled "1001 Things You Can Do with
Coroplast"

*You mean the sleep boxes we have way up high on top of the cages in
the play room are made from the coroplast you get for us? *

Yes in-dee- dee. That was a great idea Mum had to keep you all safe!

*How long have you been a shelter supporter? *

I've been a shelter supporter for about 2 1/2 years.

*Do you own any fuzz butts? If so how many, if not why not? *

No, I don't own any fuzz butts at this time but I was a farent to three
fuzz butts at one time. I don't have any ferrets now for two reasons.
First, I am retired now and not always home to take care of a ferret
and second, you little guys are always on the go and so full of
shenanigans, that I think you would be happier living in a home with
younger farents.

*Our Mum is not younger and she keeps up with us, I bet if you got an
older fur kid you could keep up with them. *

*Do you work out side your home and if so what do you do? *

I do not work, I am retired.

*What does retired mean and retired from what Miss Peach?*

Retirement is like, during the summer when Mum doesn't have to drive
the big yellow thingy and she can be home with you kids all the time,
well it's something like that only she wouldn't ever have to leave and
go drive the B.Y.T. again!!!

I am retired from Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, N.Y. I
worked there for 28 years.

*You obviously like ferrets why? *

I don't just like ferrets, I LOVE ferrets. I fell in love with the
first ferret I met, her name was Farrah & I found her wondering in the
street in my neighborhood, I love their sweet little faces, their funny
little walk and happy dance. The little dooking sounds they make and
even the way they smell. Ferrets have brought me much joy & happiness
not to mention a few heart attacks.

*Heart Attacks, What do you mean? Mum says when you have a heart attack
you are in the hospital we would be sad if you were in the hospital.
Did you really have a heart attack? *

No, I didn't have a real heart attack; it is only an expression I used
to express how scared I was when something bad might've happened to one
of my furkids. Like the time Farrah got in between the walls of my
kitchen and I didn't know how she got in there or how I was going to
get her out!!

*What's your favorite game? These are the things we like to do, do you
play any of these games? *

*a) Running through tunnels*
*b) Hide and seek*
*c) Tag*
*d) jumping/digging in peanuts, dirt, rice*
*e) Other: please provide an example*

Well, my days of running through tunnels or jumping in peanuts are
way behind me but I do like to play some board games at family get
together's. One of them is called "Balderdash".

*What do you like best about ferrets? *

There are so many things to like that it is hard to say just one. I
guess I'd have to say, their pure joy of life.

*What do you like least about ferrets? *

What I least like about ferrets and this is not their fault, is that
these sweet little creatures are susceptible to so many diseases

*If you had the power to do anything you wished what would that be? *

Oh, there are so many things but since we're talking ferrets here, I
would stop all exploitation of ferrets for monetary gain and scientific
research!!

*That would be awesome; Thank you Miss Peach for allowing us to
interview you, we are so thrilled that you took the time to answer our
questions. *

*Sarah (the little ferret you brought to Mum) and Daisy *