From:
Andrea Moncada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 00:51:24 -0700
I did not witness this smart ferret event, but I am inclined to believe
it...

Our friend was ferret sitting for us for the first time, and one day
was starting to get frantic because she could not find one of our
ferrets (they free roam in the ferret proofed half of the house when
we are away). She searched for almost half and hour before she finally
turned to our oldest ferret and said in exasperation "Dewy where is
your sister???"

Our friend swears that right after she asked Dewy where her sister is,
Dewy marched right up to the second level of the cage and nudged the
hammock with her nose. Our friend had not realized there was another
layer on the hammock they could sleep in. Sure enough the missing
ferret was right where Dewy had shown her.

Now Dewy is not that smart at learning tricks or getting into trouble,
but she is very in tune and attentive to humans. I would say it is
totally possible that Dewy, being as observant as she is, could have
put together what was going on and shown her the missing ferret. If
her sister being missing was delaying fresh food, treats, or attention
from humans, she most definitely would have taken matters into her own
paws! :)

-Andrea M