From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 00:38:28 -0700
Thank you, Wolfy, for baring your soul about your vet experience. I
just had to do the same with a wonderful old guy who had a big mass in
the spleen area. Fortunately it was Friday and I could get in to my # 2
vet as my # 1 vet has been ill and not ready to go back to work yet.
This other vet is so great. He has a large open area for all the vet
work and several stations for surgery, etc. And he invites owners to
come back there and say goodbye while the animal is gassed or prepared
with a catheter. It is all up and up; if we want to watch, OK; if not
then wait out in the room. My # 1 vet will do the same thing , the room
is just cozier, it is a smaller place.

However, when thing happen at night or on Sunday I have no choice but
to go to the big animal hospital that will take ferret emergencies.
They take the animal from the room to the back where they do the deed
and return with the body later. I have never asked to go watch, they
might let me as they know me but I was only back in the work room once
to visit a sick ferret who had been adopted out by me.

I know not everyone feels comfortable about watching their pet being
PTS but it is nice to have the option available.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ