From:
Pat BAby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:30:29 -0600
I fostered a ferret that chewed absolutely everything she could. You
can search the archives under "Pica". This is a disorder where they
eat strange and undigestable objects. She ate everything; my bathmat,
shower curtains (plastic), pillow case, her bedding, my bedding, any
paper she could find, the bottom off my drapes, nothing was sacred.
She was finally diagnosed with Pica. It is not common in ferrets,
but seen in cats and dogs frequently. She was put on a lifelong
prescription of Prozac and improved dramatically. She was adopted by
a very knowledgable ferret person that was well known to our ferret
society and has surprisingly made it several years without a blockage.
I can remember saying the thing that is in her favor is, she poops like
a pony. There are definitely chewing habits I have seen that they grow
out of when they mature, but she was extreme.

Good luck with your little guy and I hope he suffers from a mild case
that improves with age.

--
Pat BAby
Everything will be alright in the end!