From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:14:49 -0700
Dear FML family,

Without going into a lot of details of the whos, whys, wherefores and
I told you sos, I have been contacted by a woman who found a ferret
who'd been hit by a car. Amazingly the little guy was still alive. She
took him to a vet who pinned his badly broken rt. rear leg together.
However, the vet was unaware at the time of surgery the ferret, an
apparent yearling, was also paralyzed in both legs. He is still able to
potty on his own. The woman wants to adopt the ferret badly even with
his handicap, the vet is leaning towards putting him down citing a list
of health reasons. I have personally known someone who over the course
of years dealt with 4 paralyzed ferrets and a couple of them lived to
ripe old ages so I know better.

What I need from you. I need photos of you guys' paralyzed ferrets I
can download and take with me into the vet's office and say, "see? not
making this up." Please, if you can email me photos, and can, jpgs are
best, but above all please put "ferret" or some such in the subject
line. I'm quite spooky of attachments from folks I haven't met yet.

Thanks a zillion!

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr