From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:22:40 -0500
I also almost lost my first ferret, Lucy, because of a TP roll. It
was Christmas night and she had been running thru a larger tube from
wrapping paper earlier in the day. Later that night, I found her in the
bathroom garbage can, listless, with a TP tube stuck on her head. She
was bleeding from her nose and frothing at the mouth. I tore it apart
to get it off her head. Her eyes were glazed over and she started
coughing but then would stop breathing. I kept shouting at her to
startle her into breathing again. Luckily, within an hour or so (as
I was on the phone with an emergency clinic out of town), she was
rummaging thru my purse, so I knew she was gonna be OK. But after that,
I have always ripped or cut all tubes (TP and paper towel, etc) length
wise to prevent that from ever happening again. Very scary!!

Barb

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
unawakened." Anatole France