From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 22:47:00 -0700
>From: Troy Lynn Eckart
>
>Why can't CDFEA (California Domestic Ferret Educational Alliance, Inc)
>stay open until another shelter is licensed? I don't understand. Being
>burned out isn't the same as being euthanized....

Shelters close all the time for a variety of reasons. "I'm tired/burned
out" is the most benign and probably rarest. People have health
problems. People go bankrupt. People lose jobs, or their job forces a
move out of the area. Given that: A) There was no licensed shelter for
a LONG time (if ever) before CDFEA came along, and B) California is a
BIG place, and nobody in the Northern 80% of the state has stepped up,
I'm not sure I'd want to hold my breath.