Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:55:38 -0700
Ok folks I value your input and your support of our rescue Critter
Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary where we care for over 300 abandoned abused
small exotic pets of over 30 different types- including currently 17
elder and chronically ill ferrets ( adrenal, insulinoma, etc)

We have always posted our ferrets on the Giving Tree and been
extrememly grateful for the generosity of all of you.

This year Critter Camp jsut won $50,000 in the Pepsi Refresh contest
(which will still be going on- every ferret rescue should be submitting
an entry!) This money has specific regulations and must be spent as
such: $20,000 on food, supplies, transport and 30,000$ on land for our
proposed new building- this is amazing wonderful and a huge blessing!

However- not a penny can be spent on veterinary care and that is a huge
expense for us , particularly the ferrets as most of them have ongoing
medical needs. Unfortunately since we've won donations have trickled
to a near stop-understandibly.

So is it appropriate for us to post some of our ferrets and just ask
for vet$? or will it seem greedy to other rescues and donors if we do
that?

i hate to say it but i will probably ahve to use my own christmas money
to pay our vet and hopefully not much of my own utility bill money too-
unless general donations pick up again-

What should we do?
Beth
www.crittercamp.org