Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:24:56 -0400
This is a great question. I of course would leave my ferrets to my
sister as well as money for care if she was capable of caring for them,
etc, but my cats and dogs are another question. What can one do to
provide for their pets in case of their human's demise? I have heard so
many stories about loopholes in wills, etc where family can overturn
the wishes of a deceased person. An example of this happening was a
farm down the street where the owner had a will that his farm and land
remain intact, etc, (he had about 10+ acres of land all natural for
wildlife). Well the greedy children found a loophole in the will and
kicked their stepmother out of the house and sold all the land which
in now developed! Only the house stands on 1 acre of land. This poor
man would roll over in his grave if he knew this had happened.

Eleanor, Donald and the weasels