From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:42:04 -0700
As some of you know, we were hit with Ferret Systemic Corona Virus some
time ago. It brought things to a screeching halt in our shelter. Not
a lot is known about this particular mutant, and that my reason for
posting.

The last of our foster homes is being closed up Wednesday due to the
economy. We have 3 ferrets left there, who have never been here.

Several of you out there keep a tight finger on the pulse of ferret
illnesses and information. I need to find reliable information on
contagion factors and I need to find it fast. I know bringing them
here, we haven't brought anyone in since shortly before the diagnosis,
will assuredly expose them. What I haven't been able to determine is
the possibility/probability of second hand contagions.

Any information would be appreciated, please don't hesitate to contact
me off line.

Thanks!

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr