From:
"CLF, AnimalFarm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:41:39 -0400
I can understand where you are coming from. Down here in
Fredericksburg, VA roughly a good hour or so from Richmond, I keep
getting emails and calls from people needing to find a place to put
these guys. I am not a shelter, nor do I have the money to get my
Foster program 501 ked so I can only take in and foster the amount
that I have personal money for.

Right now...I got suckered into taking two fuzzies in who were "boy &
girl, one losing hair." I had just lost the last of my two oldies, one
from insulinoma, the other from adrenal so I had a friend answering
questions for the program and getting new homes situated while I let
my kids and my heart recover from the losses. But...I said alright to
these two and find out some not so surprising details. My Baldie is
90% bald, skinny, and NOT a boy. The second ferret hates ferrets and
has problems just attacking ferrets that come close.

I tried re homing these girls twice because they just didn't seem to
like my other kids and had problems switching to raw. BUT..every time,
including resent trys, they turned around and started to adjust better.
I want to do what's right for them yet my heart wants to nurture these
girls into a retirement home. But with the addition of these two making
my personal group go to 13 with 2 adrenal kids, I can't foster until
money settles back down.

DON"T go on craigslist. I hate that place with a vengeance but I go
there for the free section and too look for feeder animals on sale. The
amount of ferrets on there makes me sad AND unfortunately there is a
hoarder going around collecting these guys. I have gotten a email from
this couple twice and they never email me back about pictures, or other
friendly talk. If there is a free ferret listed, rarely, I warn them
about the people.

A few caring people ask me for photos, and crap to prove that I am not
a hoarder, or that I really do work with a group of friends to foster
and re home these kids. It makes me feel great full that they are at
least looking into their best wish's for the kids. I always send them
links to my photo bucket account, face book page where the Ferret
Friends Group aka three of my foster friends are there, etc.

TTYL,
Foster Ferrent of Toddle Tuff Foster Program.
Ferrets: Lelloo & jack, Ripply & Dakota, Pixie Demon, Bear &  Swiper,
Tulia, Tazzie, Dirt & Wheeze, Lucy & Nyu
Dogs: Sim ( People Aggressive ), And Bo ( Mastive mix pup )
Cat: Sam ( loves Sim )
<http://s218.photobucket.com/home/AsriaNightingale>