Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:45:20 -0700
Hi,

For me and mine, giving my biting ferret Chibi to Chris and Dave Mathis
of the Oregon Ferret Shelter to love and care for forever was the right
choice. She wasn't safe around me, and I wasn't safe around her either
because her biting would nearly always lead to seizures. I've had
seizures while holding Chibi before. If my dad hadn't rescued her, I
could've easily killed her by accident.

I'm glad that she's in a place with people who aren't afraid of her,
and that she'll never be rehomed agddar Chris promised me that. They've
even got a ferret friend for Chibi in mind, another biter named
Michelle.

I added two ferrets to the business today: Mischief and Henry. Mischief
is a tuxedo mit female from Triple F. I really don't know much about
her except that she's around 4 years old, is soft, has a tail which
was broken once upon a time, and is a whole lot calmer than Lillie or
Frankie. I was told how she ended up at the OFS with three other
ferrets, but I forgot.

Then, there's Henry: an adorable 12-week-old sable Marshall Farms kit,
who is mentally retarded. He and a friend were purchased from PETCO.
They were let out to play by their owner, chewed on an electrical cord,
and were immediately electrocuted. Henry's friend didn't make it. I'm
not sure how the OFS got involved.

Henry cuddles, and makes Henry noises, and eats Henry food. He has to
eat Marshall food due to the fact that he can't chew the harder kibble,
because he has practically no bite strength. He makes strange clicking
noises when he eats or drinks, because his mouth doesn't work right and
hangs open a lot. He drools in his sleep, again, because of his mouth.

Randie