Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 01:38:44 -0700
Hi,

Yesterday I adopted Henry, a 3-month-old sable Marshall kit from the
Oregon Ferret Shelter. Before coming to the shelter, Henry and his
other ferret friend had chewed on an electrical cord and were
electrocuted. Henry's friend didn't make it.

You can easily tell that Henry has a traumatic brain injury. He has
trouble eating and drinking, is uncoordinated when moving, and his
hind legs splay out to each side when held.

Do ferrets with Henry's type of brain injury recover with time?
Personally, I love him just the way he is, but I'd like it if he
could get better.

I love him for his cuddlyness and the cute sounds he makes because his
mouth doesn't work correctly. He sounds like he's clicking. Heck, I
love Henry for just being Henry.

When my parents and I brought Henry home we learned that he can't drink
from a water bottle, so he drinks from a dish instead. He'll have to
be on Marshall Selects Premium Ferret Diet for the rest of his life,
because it's the only kibble that he can safely eat.

I can't be the only ferrent with a fuzzy with a TBI on this list,
right?

Randie